So I am turning one tomorrow!!! Last night at this time, mommy and daddy had just left the house to go to the hospital because I was causing mommy a little bit of pain! I'm actually sleeping like the little angel baby that I am, so mommy is actually going to take it from here!
Brandon,
You are the most beautiful, funny, silly, adorable, energetic little baby boy! I love you more than my words can describe, but I'm going to try anyways. A year ago tonight I was in labor with you. I was so scared going to the hospital, because I knew that when I left the hospital to come home, I would be a mom. I wanted to always be there for you and make you feel so loved and lucky. I wanted to protect you and care for you and hug you forever. When you were placed in my arms, my life changed forever! This past year has definitely had its ups and downs, but boy have I learned so much from you! Daddy and I are forever grateful for how perfect you are! We are so happy to see you walk, talk, giggle, tip over, and crawl super fast. The fact that you are doing all of these things is amazing to us. The fact that you are so resilient and came through everything in December as if nothing ever happened makes everybody that knows you, and especially your parents, more happy than anything in life could. You are so funny and you are actually starting to know it I think! You went to the doctor today and you weigh 19 pounds and 13 ounces, and you are 29 inches long. Your doctor always tells us how coordinated you are, and today was no different when he watched you play with and open and close daddy's cel phone. You are a big fan of our cel phones, and any phone you can get your hands on. You love the remote to the tv too, and you like to cry if we take either of them away. You are just starting to like some grown up food, but you are still a big fan of baby food! You can walk great now too! You can go from one end of the room to the other, you can stop in the middle of your step and then keep going without losing your balance, and tonight you actually bent down to pick up a toy and stood back up without falling for the first time! You love to feed yourself puffs and finger foods, but you are not so interested yet in feeding yourself with a spoon. We are working on that! You like all of the baby foods, and you now like turkey as of today, graham crackers, toast and yogurt. You love to be sung to and I swear you have rythym! You totally start bouncing and bobbing your head to certain songs. You actually think you can crawl faster than mommy and daddy can catch you, and it is the cutest thing to watch you try to make a run for it. You love to play hide and go seek, and you love to be chased around. You actually start to crawl away, and then wait to see if anybody is coming for you! You love your pacifier- it is so your security blanket! Hee Hee!! You have your two front bottom teeth and your two front fang teeth, and your two front top teeth are almost through. You talk like crazy and you can say Dada, and for a while you were saying uh-oh. You babble all the time and you always have a lot to say, even of it doesn't make sense, just like me! You like to crawl through tiny Brandon- sized spaces, and you seem to have some good logic a lot of the time. You are so smart too! You have made our life so happy and great. I never understood what the big deal was when it came to one year old bday parties, until now. It is such a milestone to me! You are turning one and you are so capable of so many things. You are able to do so many things, that to be honest, for a short while your daddy and I were scared we might not see you do. We didn't want to be scared and worried, and we knew you would be fine, but we still deep down worried just a little. Thank you for putting an end to any worry in our hearts! I am so lucky to be your mom, and I hope that I always do a great job of being your mom. I could not ask for a better life, with my BB(that's you!), your daddy, and all of our family. You are all that I hoped you would be, and then some. You make me so happy the minute I walk through our door and walk up the stairs to see you. Everyday you greet me and your daddy with a great big smile and a squeal, and now you even start walking toward us as if you are saying, "I'm so happy you are home!" It just makes our day. Your daddy and I love you so much B! You are so awesome and unique. I can't wait to see what you grow up and become...I just know you will be amazing! Happy Birthday B!!! We love you sooooooo much!!!
Love,
Mommy
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
I'm One Tomorrow!!!
Posted by b at 8:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Well Brandon we can't believe it's been 1 year since your beautiful arrival. You are such a wonderful baby and loved by so many. You keep amazing all of us. You have the best smile and laugh. It is so much fun watching you grow and learn new things. Have a very Happy Birthday and Grampy and I wish we could see you today, but, we'll be together Friday and celebrate Saturday at your birthday party.
Love you very much,
Grandma and Grampy
BEAUTIFUL!!!
Post a Comment